Monday, January 18, 2010

McCoy Keith Wood

I know we've had a hard time keeping our blog updated but we're finally going to share with everyone our newest addition with a whole lot of pictures and videos. Hope you enjoy!

Trevor and I at my parent's house Christmas Night




















We were on our way to the hospital.















We arrived at the hospital at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon. I was dialated to a 3 and about 90% effaced. About an hour later they checked me again and I had not really progressed so they told me to walk laps around the hospital. After multiple laps and some intense contractions they check me again and I was a 4 plus and almost 100% effaced. They told me I could stay! The IV was the hardest part. They poked me 6 times before they were successful. Ten minutes later, I had my epidural. It was GREAT! I got to enjoy every minute of the time in the hospital.



My mom and sister, Emily and Jenn, came to visit after I was feeling much better.



Shortly after, they broke my water and I was dialated to a 6. Trevor was being amazing the whole time. He was making sure I was well taken care of. I was at a 6 for almost 3 hours so they started some pitocin. Soon enough, I was fully dialated and ready to start pushing.



(No, that isn't a bruise on my face. Our camera has a dirty spot and we can't get it off. There are a few pictures that have the same dark spot so try and look past that.)




McCoy was finally here. He was born at 6:23 in the morning on Sunday, December 27, 2009. He was 7 lbs 3 oz and 21 in. long.













Cousin Ruby Rose came to visit. She was born exactly one week before McCoy.


Here are a few more pictures that we've taken over the past few weeks.



















Here's a video that Trevor took at McCoy's 2 week appointment. As of Jan 11 he is 8 lbs 1 oz and still 21 in. long. He's a good eater and growing more and more.



Hope you've enjoyed our extremely long post and I'll try to be better about keeping it updated in the future.

9 comments:

  1. YAY - thanks for posting pics of your new little guy - what a doll!!! I'm sure he is already a big TW (time waster) - don't you find yourself just watching him sleep and breathe and make goofy faces and sounds - yup...like I said a big TW, but oh SO fun! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so stinkin' cute! Owen and I need to come by and see him very soon. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work you two! He is way cute and we both can't wait to meet him. Welcome to the world baby McCoy. We're so excited you're here and healthy. You guys really do look so happy and see, even though it was a little scary and not so exciting at first, look at what you'd be missing out on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how happy we are for little McCoy. Steele and him will be best of buds. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the picture of McCoy with his little pinky sticking up! He's his daddy's little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Heidi Mccoy is so cute! He looks just like you. I can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for an update! your blog is looking fabulous! i think mccoy is so cute, i love his little eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didnt even know you had a blog!!! wow! i love all these pictures and im so glad i got to come see your baby! He is so cute and i love him already:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the pictures...what a cute little boy! I can't wait to meet him. I hope you all are doing great. Keep updating! love you all.

    ReplyDelete