Sunday, October 10, 2010

Oh How Sweet the Memories

I told myself that I would never be the blogger that would write a novel on each of my posts, and I would only put pictures...hahaha well here it is. I just have to take the time to post on something cheesy and so real. It's what means the most to me but it's kind of long so, hold on tight! (There will be pictures though, I promise!)

Every day I keep telling myself that I'll treasure every moment I have with McCoy. Sometimes is hard in the crazy rushes of life but when I take the time to really think about how much I have in my life to be grateful for and to love, it really takes me by surprise how much I don't give credit to how amazing every day is. I love my family and I love them more every day. McCoy is the most amazing little boy. He brings a smile to my face not just a few times a day but more than I can count. He is so loving and innocent that it makes me want to set the best example for him. I want him to become the most amazing man just like any other mother would want of their son. For some reason I can't help but to feel like I want it more than everyone else. But hey, I also feel like there's no way any mother could love their son as much as I love McCoy. I know this isn't true and the love that I have for him is the same love that I know my mother has for me and the same goes for every other mother that I know. It's just another way of expressing how much I really do love my son, McCoy!! He's practically perfect in every way!

Tonight I went and visited one of my best friends. She just had a little boy, Jude Dylan Lye, this past week. It was almost sad to see how big McCoy was compared to him. I couldn't believe my eyes at the sight of this little infant in my arms. It really got me thinking of how much I miss when he was smaller and wouldn't try to crawl right out of my arms. But it got me thinking. I need to be better about living in the moment and not waiting for this or waiting for that. I have always said, "I love this stage that McCoy is in now, but I can't wait until..." Hopefully I've learned my lesson to just purely enjoy every moment of every sweet memory.

Ever sense I was a little girl I couldn't wait to be married and become a mother. Now that I have all of that I feel like I can truly enjoy it all with out wanting something else. McCoy brings me that greater satisfaction and joy of being a mother. Knowing that he loves me back is the best thing in the whole world. When he reaches for me, hugs me, kisses me and just needs me, it brings that joy that I couldn't wait for when I was younger. Love really is the greatest gift from God. I feel like I don't appreciate it like I should but I have to admit that McCoy had showed me how to love better than anyone else.

I hope that from here on out I can be a better mother and love a little more every day of my life. I won't wait for this, wait for that, or else soon enough, McCoy will be 18 and moving out of the house and I'll have no joy in the memories. Now, I'm going to just love it all!!!

So now here come the pictures that I promised:)


 Grandpa Keith, Kim (GK), and Sophia came to town this weekend and it a was blast to have them here. We got treated to the BYU football game and McCoy absolutely LOVED the game. McCoy is definitely a people person and loves the big crowds. He loves when there's a lot to look at. He was so good and so happy the entire game. It did help that BYU won so it was a decent game for us as well.
McCoy loved riding on my shoulders. I think that was his favorite part.


Family Picture at the game...we all had matching T-shirts but you can only see a little bit of McCoy's.


Check out McCoy's extremely active eyebrows.








Like Father Like Son

Trev does a really good job of getting the videos that I always put on here. This one he took is a tad dark because McCoy was just taking a nap but I had to put it on here because there are times when McCoy wakes up this happy from his naps. His squeals, laughs and faces are hilarious! I seriously love this kid more than anything!!! (Link Below)

2 comments:

  1. great post heidi! you are an amazing mother and wife. i always say the same thing. enjoy every little moment of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about posting long posts. I am the same way, but if it makes you feel any better your post was very inspiring. I need to also just enjoy the moment instead of waiting for the next stage. I'm glad to see you are having fun when not working!!! :)

    ReplyDelete