Thursday, July 7, 2011


McCoy is officially a toddler, all 18 months worth. He's growing up so fast. He's entering the tantrum stage and he's really good at it. Some days are really hard since he still can't completely express himself. He's getting more and more talkative but still struggles saying actual words. Although the "cars," "ball," "mama," "dada," "binki," etc. do make us happy that he's talking, he still can't express his feelings and I think he gets frustrated because he can understand us and listens to us but can't talk back (I guess when I put it that way, I can't really complain:)) He has learned that pulling my finger or Trevor's finger does get us to go where he wants us to but the tantrums keep coming. 
We finally discovered that he has allergies and the doctor said we could give him half an allergy pill every day. It's actually been working and he's been much happier. Still some fits here and there but a lot better. 

Although there are the hard days, I can't imagine my life without McCoy and I love getting to share special moments with him everyday. Here's some videos of him enjoying my shoes. He's getting much better at walking in them and he continues to be fascinated. (Link Below) 

Today McCoy got a hold of a roll of quarters we had around the house for our wonderful quarter-operating washer and dryers. We started counting as we were putting them back in the paper roll after McCoy had dumped them all out onto the floor. He was actually loving it. He was entertained for at least 15 minutes. Then I got out his little piggy bank that we use to put our spare change in and let him play around with that. He wasn't trying to eat it, thank goodness, but he was learning slowly how to put it back into the piggy bank's little slot on back. So adorable...it's moments like these that I hope I never forget. Enjoy! (Link Below) 

1 comment:

  1. I remember that stage...and then the nonstop talking begins and you want to buy ear plugs...just kidding...well kind of :) What a little cutie you have.

    ReplyDelete