Today was my day off and I always try to make it a good day for both McCoy and myself. Today it wasn't too cold and still sunny enough out side for a day out. McCoy and I went to the park and I let him roam free. He absolutely loves being outside so the colder weather scares me for the future. It was good to get out and I find myself being more appreciative for my iPhone. It's so nice to have a "point and shoot" camera at hand for what ever may come up.
After we went to the park we were playing in the front yard of our apartment. The leaves are turning and the colors are absolutely beautiful. McCoy had such a blast playing in the leaves. (Link Below)
While we were outside, I saw this younger girl next door banging on her front door followed by the distressed look on her face before she covered it with her hands and sat down. I put two and two together and knew that she had to be locked out.
When I was about 6 years old, I came home from a friend's house before my mom was expecting me. When I went home, no one was there and the doors were all locked. I remember going into the garage, scared and so lonely. I wanted my family to come home so bad and the feeling of being helpless was so discouraging. I remember saying a prayer to Heavenly Father and then falling asleep. The next thing I knew, my mom was waking me up from the fetal position on the fourwheeler in our garage.
When I saw this little girl, my heart went out to her because of this specific memory of mine. I walked over there and offered her my cell phone but she protested saying that she didn't know any numbers to call. She then told me that her mother works at Wienerschnitzel in Orem,. Thanks to Siri on my iPhone, I was able to look it up in seconds and she was able to get a hold of her mom and it was all resolved. In the midst of all this drama, McCoy felt like it would help if he sat next to the girl. He climbed right up the stairs without hesitation and sat right down and started talking to her in his own little language. I couldn't help but to take a quick picture of how cute he was being during all of this.
McCoy has been doing the cutest thing lately. He covers his mouth with his open hand as he gasps. He kept doing this over and over every time the little girl would say something to me...it was almost as if he knew that it was a stressful situation for the girl and he wanted to show his concern for her. He even managed to do this with his little mittens on. This kid seriously makes me smile all day long!
After that we came back inside and made some hot chocolate and homemade pizza. It was delicious! After Trevor got home we went and picked out our Halloween pumpkins. We got McCoy ready for bed and he picked out some books. Here's a couple movies of McCoy and Trevor reading some books while McCoy shows off his animals-noise skills. (Links Below)
The animal noises video is one of the cutest things i have ever seen!
ReplyDelete