I have a "love-hate" relationship with blogger. I love being able to keep a journal of our lives as well as share our memories with others. At the same time, I feel overwhelmed when it's been over a month since I last posted and I have a ton of photos, videos, and stories to post on. I've decided I just need to tackle it once and for all but a little at a time.
During the month of March, we stayed at Traci's house for 3 weeks while her and David went to Spain. This gave us the chance to enjoy the amenities of a home with a yard and a true neighborhood. During these 3 weeks, McCoy became pro at riding his little bike. He actually became obsessed with it. Trevor and I are both very proud of how well he rides it and how quickly he became an expert at it. You'll have to check him out in these movies. Don't be fooled by the high-speed: he really does ride pretty speedy.
While at Traci's we went on a walk almost every single day. McCoy of course loved it every time. We had a great time checking out the neighbor's horses and seeing all sorts of new bugs. Here's a movie of McCoy checking out a bumble bee while on one of our walks.
The biggest thing that has happened to us in the last little while is that we moved. Yep that's right. I, me, Heidi, do not live in Orem, UT anymore. I've lived in that city for my entire life and have not known anything else. I guess McCoy hasn't either. He's lived in our Orem apartment his whole life as well so it's been a change for all of us.
Trevor received a promotion in his career with MBK and was transferred to another location. So once the time came we decided on the apartment and started packing. We are now officially Salt Lake City residents. We moved all in one day with the help of family and friends. It was such a huge blessing to be able to count on our family and friends to tackle this project. Our home is all unpacked now and we're living happily in our beautiful apartment community called Cobble Creek Apartments. The apartment is nice and new, and the grounds are naturally beautified.
As you can tell, McCoy has adjusted pretty well to the new apartment. He still has his days and occasionally asks to "go home," but it never lasts long and it gets better every day. Of course there are the ducks, rivers, rocks to throw, sandboxes, and a great pool to distract him from those moments he has.
When we have our apartment up to standard, I'll post a few pictures of our upgrades.
It's been great and so far I love being a part of a new adventure with our family. We're happy with our move and so grateful for our blessings we see each day.
So you live close to me now.... :)
ReplyDelete