Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy Thursday

McCoy has been learning so much lately. He can now say about 10 words that we understand and has many other word that only he understands. He follows instructions and can understand what Trevor and I say to him. McCoy can identify almost all the parts of his face as well as his head, toes (which he can say as well), hands, fingers and belly is his favorite. No matter what he's doing, if you ask him, "McCoy, where's your belly?" He immediately responds by pulling his shirt up and squishing his stomach in with his hand as if his belly is some sort of jell-o.
Another thing that McCoy has been learning to do is feed himself. He really enjoys feeding himself, although it does take him a lot longer to accomplish the task, he does end up eating more-which is splendid. Trevor was having a hard time getting him to spoon things out of a bowl with out the bowl slipping around. I received this picture at work one day with Trevor's new invention.


(Link Below)
Yummy Soup
McCoy has also discovered our utensil drawer in the kitchen. He's now tall enough and strong enough to open the drawer by himself and pull everything in that drawer out of it. His newest favorite utensil to play with is the pizza cutter. Of course, because it resembles a wheel. In fact, he even drives it around like it is a car. He loves it.


A few weeks ago, Trevor and McCoy went to a Rugby game. McCoy loves being outside and sometimes a little too much. He had already gotten enough sun for the day and it was really hot. Trevor was trying to come up with an idea to keep McCoy cool and happy. I laughed when I saw these pictures. The head band didn't make McCoy too happy but he actually liked the turban idea dad came up with when he got this shirt wet and rapped it on McCoy's head. But hey, at least it kept him cool and kind of out of the sun.


Random pictures of the day:) I couldn't help it.

This is one of Trevor's many outfits that he puts on him...more like just adds to what he was wearing. The shorts are his pj shorts, the shoes are more like sock shoes, with no socks, his onesie is unbuttoned (we call it his barn door/flap/loin cloth....etc, when it's hanging out like that ) and then he's wearing his jacket on top of it all. On a regular basis, I usually come home to a little boy looking kind of homeless. Although Trevor doesn't have the best taste in what to put McCoy in, at least he is a willing father to make sure McCoy is always enjoying himself. They're always doing so many fun things. Trevor makes sure he's fed, had good naps and always bathed. McCoy and he have bonded so well in the past few months. They're inseparable little buddies now. I LOVE IT!!

3 comments:

  1. OK I LOVE the duct tape bowl method. I am going to have to try it with NanaB's high chair here.
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so stinkin' cute. I love that boy. I have to say, I have been so impressed and touched by how cute McCoy and Trev are together. I love how Trevor has been such a good daddy to him while you have to work. I know that it's really, really, hard to have to leave your baby and go to work. At least you know he's taken care of, loved, and having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i should let you barrow our suction cup bowls. i don't remember were i got them but they suction to his tray. there are 3 sizes. if i remember i'll bring them to mom's.

    ReplyDelete